Thursday, August 14, 2014

Classic Frozen Custard

I want to start with what I am fairly certain I will consider the best. We go here regularly.

First of all, it is not Ice Cream, it is Frozen Custard. Mostly that means that the egg content is greater. Frozen custard is thicker, richer than your average, soft serve ice cream.

I can't say enough how good this place is. I find myself craving their butterscotch custard as I sit here and write this.

You get a massive amount of frozen deliciousness. I rarely get more than one scoop, because I can't finish much more than one scoop. For the price alone, this is the best place in town.

Then the flavor. Everything I have tried there, and that is a good dozen flavors, is rich, strong, without being overpowering.

Pure, unbridled deliciousness.

4000 SE 14th Street, Des Moines, IA 50320 (summers only)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frozen_custard

No comments:

Post a Comment